Infection Control Policy and advice to patients on COVID-19
The situation about this outbreak is deeply concerning for us all and the advice is fast changing. As a health clinic we feel it is important that you know the measures we are undertaking to ensure that all our patients and staff remain safe.
If you are a patient with any concerns about attending your appointment with us, please contact the clinic on 01245 382838 to discuss this.
We advise our patients to follow the Public Health England (PHE) guidance regarding Covid-19.
This government site has the latest advice for us all on what we need to do during this outbreak including guidance on self-isolation, how to protect yourself and guidance for employers and businesses.
If following PHE or NHS guidance requires you to self-isolate, please contact us to let us know. Under these circumstances you must not attend our clinic.
At Natural Chiropractic our Infection Control Policy has been updated:
For patients and staff
- We have hand sanitisers in Reception and in every treatment room.
- Hand washing: our therapists wash their hands with soap before and after all procedures. They also use hand sanitisers.
- Bench Cleaning – after each treatment per patient, the treatment table is cleaned with an antibacterial wipe.
- Each treatment room has the above equipment in stock and ready to hand.
- All members of staff and persons working in the clinic are required to clean their hands regularly. Hands are to be cleaned at least once an hour with warm soapy water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Patients are to be instructed to use alcohol rub on their hands when entering the clinic.
- Tissues are located the reception desk and waiting room.
- All of the clinic doors of the clinic are to be cleaned once an hour using antimicrobial wipes or spray and tissue paper.
- The toilet handles and taps are to be cleaned once an hour using antimicrobial wipes or spray and tissue paper.
- Reception surfaces that are in close vicinity to patients are to be cleaned using antimicrobial wipes or spray and tissue paper every hour. This includes but is not limited to the telephone, card machine, mouse, keyboard and reception desk.
- Hand gels and tissues are located in the clinic seating area for patients to use.
- At the end of the shift all clinic surfaces that have been in contact with patients, or may have been in contact with patients are cleaned with antimicrobial spray/wipes.
Please be assured that we are keeping up to date with all developments and advice from both the Government and Public Health England and will continue to take the necessary precautions.