Whether you are in a great deal of pain and discomfort at the moment or you just want to get rid of a niggle that has been bothering you, then you have come to the right place!
Melanie our experienced Natural Chiropractor has over 30 years experience helps with a range of symptoms, common conditions seen include:
- General, acute & chronic backache, (not arising from injury or accident)
- Generalised aches and pains
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Minor sports injuries
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis (as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise)
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Mechanical neck pain
- Migraine prevention
- Muscle spasms
- Plantar fasciitis (short term management)
- Rotator cuff injuries, disease or disorder
- Shoulder complaints (dysfunction, disorders and pain)
- Soft tissue disorders of the shoulder
- Tension and inability to relax
- Ankle sprain (short term management)
Causes of back pain
Lower back pain can stem from one of a number of causes. These can include: poor posture, heavy lifting and carrying, stress, pregnancy to general wear and tear.
Our body is supported by the spine which carries our spinal cord and nervous system. Nerves then branch off the spinal cord between the vertebrae. Injury can lead to restriction and local inflammation in the spinal joints causing muscle spasm and pain but also to irritation of the spinal nerves causing pain elsewhere in the body. It is not uncommon for the pain to be felt in other parts of the body such as in the legs and sometimes even in your feet.
Sometimes our patients believe that their low back pain is caused by a ‘slipped disc’. However, this is usually as a result of a commonly held belief that acute low back pain is caused by a ‘slipped disc’. This is not the case – discs do not slip. They can bulge which may cause leg pain or sciatica.
Referral to your GP or a medical consultant may be necessary for some conditions and the options for care will always be discussed with you.