Clinic Covid-19 Update
For many of you our Clinic is an important part of your health care and well-being and we understand how hard it is to function properly when you are in pain.
During our closure due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have been making changes to our Clinic Procedures and adapting our operations in line with current health care guidance. Our patients will see some significant changes but rest assured, your health and that of all our staff is of paramount importance. We have made these to be able to offer Clinic appointments again to those of you who are struggling.
- Melanie will be dressed in PPE including fluid resistant surgical face mask, gloves and apron and wearing a scrub tunic that can be washed at high temperatures.
- The clinic will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between patients including the benches, equipment and all surfaces.
- Appointment times will be spaced to accommodate this.
- To reduce contact with anyone other than your Chiropractor, we will only allow one patient in the Clinic at a time. Please ask anyone accompanying you to remain outside/in the car (with the exception of a minor who may need a chaperone).
- Please stay in your car until your appointment time. Melanie is likely to be manning reception herself so please be patient if there is a delay in answering the door. There is a one in one out policy however in real need the waiting room can accommodate one person.
- Patients are asked to wear a face mask, if you don’t have a suitable one, these can be purchased in Clinic.
- Upon entering the Clinic you will be asked to sanitise your hands before your treatment.
- Please refrain from touching any surfaces unnecessarily.
- Please use the toilet before you arrive and wear loose clothing as we are no longer able to provide gowns.
- Appointments and payments can be made online/over the phone prior to your attendance. Melanie can re-book you after your appointment but you can also do this from home.
- All staff will wear uniform that is only worn at work.
- Coffee and tea will no longer be available unfortunately.
- All patients will be e-mailed a Covid -19 screening questionnaire 6 hours before attending, please look out for this as you will be require to answer before attending.
- New patients will be asked to complete a health questionnaire to allow for screening of vulnerable patients and those of potential risk to others, as well as to determine if you can be helped without a face to face appointment.
- For all new patients Melanie will conduct the Case History via Telehealth, or over the phone, to reduce prolonged contact time in the Clinic.
- There is a small increase in the cost of treatment to accommodate the substantial increase in running costs of the clinic, see my fees page for details.
Please don’t attend if you or anyone in your household is unwell or if you are in a vulnerable group. Please don’t arrive early or bring family or friends with you.
These are just some of the changes we have been making to be able to help those of you needing in Clinic appointments. If you have any questions at all please do contact us, we will be happy to answer your questions.