Summer is a good time a year for a lot of people for a lot of reasons. You could be enjoying the festival of sport that arrives every year, you could be enjoying the weather and outdoor living or like most of us you could be eagerly awaiting your summer holidays. Whatever your plans my advice to you as a leading Chelmsford Chiropractor is to keep your back safe during this period.
Your time off work may be spent on a fitness camp, zip wiring down a gorge or white water rafting. It may include painting your garden fence and trimming the hedges, it may include lounging on a lilo. These are all activities that if you’re not careful can lead to back pain.
As part of my duties as a leading Chelmsford Chiropractor I often advise my clients how to keep their back safe on their summer holidays. If you are getting ready for your holiday then we have put together some tips to help you avoid unnecessary injuries while handling your luggage:
- Buy the lightest case you can and ensure it has wheels. Always check the weight of the empty case – looks can be deceiving.
- Pack two lighter cases rather than on heavy one. Distributing the weight across 2 cases will make them easier and safer to carry.
- Push your case in front of you if it has wheels. Most people pull their cases behind them which in turn cause them to twist their bodies and backs. This in turn can lead to undue strain on your back.
- Start your journey rested. Many accidents and injuries result from tiredness. Get a good night’s sleep before travelling and keep mindful of your actions.
- Don’t overdo it. Whether you are resting on a sun lounger or racing down a cycle track you must listen to your body and don’t push it to extremes.
If you have any concerns with back injuries please get in touch with us as we offer a lot of help and advice to get you back up and running as soon as possible.
You can find us at www.chelmsfordchiropractor.co.uk.